Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Value of Time

Time. Time is of essence in my life. Everything revolves around time . . . The amount of time it takes to get from A to B, the amount of time I have to do X assignment, the amount of time I can devote to fun. Time is important.

Now that I'm in college, I have come to really value time. People make a huge deal out of time management. I've learned to use my time wisely and accomplish a lot in what seems like a small amount of time. However, is this really what I should value? Everyone likes to think about how much work they've done in the little amounts of time they've had, but isn't it better to spend as much time as you need and focus on the journey? Isn't it better to realize that the discovery process is oftentimes more rewarding than the finished product?

This is a struggle I face every day. I know that it will take more time until I fully understand it, and the time that it will take me to realize this important concept is something that I really value.

No comments:

Post a Comment